Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

work experience day one

Okay i can safely say that work experience is definitely more tiring than school. I woke up at 6:30 =.=' i like NEVER wake up that early (only for like camp and other rare activities) and came back home at 5:30. So thats 11 WHOLE hours outside. Whereas archy got to finish at like 3pm wtf :/ It's the first time i went to merrylands and i didn't get lost (: Today I was an assistant, I: typed (with praise for fast typing speeds from the holroyd crew), read, printed, photocopied and got toured. Anddd i also can confidently say I know how the meals on wheels system works now (: i even helped cook, prepare, stack, get orders and transport cooked food. You'd be surprised at how many people rely on this service. The 'wheels' service is not by a young looking guy with an ordinary car you see in the television ads, but much rather by old retired men with rusty utes and shaky hands. It kinda feels good to 'give' to the community :D and I'm going to a community centre and a holroyd event to help outtt later in the week.

I also got a special "work experience student" and prox card, so I look kinda businessy. Without a prox card does that mean ms antony (my supervising teacher) won't be able to visit me :D There was also this dude who briefed me about the holroyd youth centre, and I couldn't keep myself from staring at his double chin because every time he spoke he looked like a frog XD.

I've never given/ received so many handshakes in my life :O
Everyone still seemed to have had a better day than me though :O

No comments: