Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today I went to Western Sydney Uni in Parramatta for the careers expo with about 5 other schools. First thing I notice, is that the students are all huge. The guys are big and bulky and very tall, I reckon on average they're like 10-20 cm taller than us makes us feel so inferior :( Also it makes you realise that Australia is still well and truly a european nation, 95% of people in those schools are white. Oh well i guess the asians and curries thrive in selective schools LOL. I'm just a typical asian when it comes to freebies I managed to get a free USB from the help of Yen wei's soft coaxing with the stall holders. I realised that all the good stuff is hidden below the stalls and you actually have to ask lol. And also the lesser known universities there had the best free stuff, probably because they needed it to draw the crowd it. Even though it was a pretty fail marketing campaign in my opinion, people just came asked for some usb's and left...At least we had some sort of interest. And we did successfully absorb some knowledge about careers in different universities. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe.... Heheh i guess it was fun I met 4 people that I knew from the different schools, including a good friend of mine I last saw in year 5. I also saw a couple of other people I knew but not very well, they looked bogan-y and different so I was reluctant to greet them, but none the less it was entertaining to see them.

I've got a leadership training program to help the local primary school tomorrow, meaning I miss the first period of maths (YAY). I HAVE to start history now.

No comments: