Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Late night spontaneous stream of consciousness

Has it ever occurred to you that all this hard work, probably more than 100k written notes/ practice essays etc etc will be absolutely and utterly worthless and useless to you in a month when hsc finishes...  I guess it's why people have hsc book burning and bonfires, but if it were me since i've mostly typed everything up with digital copies the best i could do is burn my usb and somehow i get the impression that that is somewhat lacking in impact, although i could throw my entire det laptop on a bonfire... hmmmm although i think that would breach the "dispose of safely" precaution on the back haha. Also i do consider it a souvenir of the higher school certificate entrenched within it is my hsc journey my ups, my downs my successes, my failures my tears of pain and joy and therefore such a meaningful destruction I'd rather wish not to partake in. Although hsc stuff is pretty much useless I- being like you am a wishful thinker and couldn't bear the thought of destroying my precious work, like my sister for example still has stacks and stacks of (2003) hsc textbooks piled in her storage never to see the light of the world again. BUt she had reason to be a wishful thinker considering she thought I may eventually use 10 year old outdated textbooks when grade 3 daniel becomes a year 12 high school student, well that never eventuated and her books remain forever sheathed in the darkness of her dusty cupboard. BUT NO, I for one do not even have the luxury of such logical reasoning, but wishful thinking continues to inadvertently pervade the human condition. ANd plus usb's are reusable so the best i could do is highlight everything and press delete LOLOLOL well isn't THAT fulfilling. But yeah I don't know why but such a notion moderately irritates me in the back of my mind, because in actuality, everything learnt now is pretty much... useless? Like is it only a pathway by which we enter uni to continue our studies, studies that will actually land us jobs? or you could say learning this provides us the basis of what we need to know about the world to be basic functioning, thinking human beings. hm. I'm analysing my own thought processes...lolwhut.

aaaaaaaaaand im procrastinating, clearly. lol.

No comments: