Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Moon Festival! :) and asian dinners.

Happy Moon Festival. For those who don't know what it is, it's an asian festival that celebrates the moon. Supposedly the moon at this time is at it's brighest and fullest (check it out for yourself). It is celebrated by eating moon cakes (the thing above), made from lotus seed paste with a yolk in the middle. I just had a bit after
dinner....

I think our grade is the most unenthusiastic of all grades in the school (whether we do it on purpose or not). We could never match up with the present day craziness and enthusiasm of the present yr 12. Maybe because they have a lot of whites in their grade =P Today's talent quest was basically fueled on year 12 performances. I'm thinking that when we get into year 12, will there be any performances at all? :O A certain parody of 'tik tok' was. quite. um. interesting...and I can assure you one of the best Indian dancers will be at Girraween High, lets just say we have a lot of Indian talent to choose from. Meanwhile the rest of today was also a total bludge, we had no supervision at all for english, watched a movie in geography and history elective. This week is so different in contrast to this exact time a week or two ago.

Is it just shang families that talk uber uber loud? At dinner my dad and grandpa are literally shouting at the dinnertable to talk to each other. Having an 80 year old and a 50 year old man next to you shouting in your ear is just a tad bit annoying when you're trying to enjoy a nice family dinner. Naturally with shouting and food there is bound to be specks of food residue and spittle that land on my arm, face and in my rice bowl, that is also a bit unpleasant. Also eating is like warfare, my dad practically forces a piece of food onto my grandparents' plate, responded with refusion and eventual acceptance. This happens all the time, I think it's become the role of the host to do it and before the guest can eat it he/she has to try and deny it. I think it is almost impolite NOT to go through this routine. But I think my grandparents HAVE to do it to convince my dad that they're actually full, or he just keeps piling stuff onto their plates. A certain level of refusal has to be reached before my dad is satisfied that they genuinely ARE full.

My allergies are playing up again, I used up all my tissues and the inside of my nose feels constantly itchy. I'm also sneezing on average every five minutes and my nose is running like a hose. Also that red patch below my nose is starting to form due to excessive nose blowing. Oh and also you should save those woolies dockets sometimes, (yes I know it's asian) but my friend actually got an $18 meal for FREE on one of his woolworths receipt.

I just spent 30minutes typing this, first time my web browser closed and blogger didn't auto save, so i had to type up again.

No comments: