Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 4- the best day of the week!

Today is the second last day at holroyd and i had to say goodbye to some fellow council members (because they don't come in tomorrow) and it made me surprisingly kinda sad because they were really nice to me. I never thought i would feel this way about the council :O And i think I've talked to more old people these past 4 days than i have my whole life, like all the volunteers are retired old people. Okay so today i had Meals on Wheels service till 11am and after that i went to a council organised event to celebrate the services given by all their volunteers (I think the youngest one there was 3 times my age).

So let me ask you Girra attenders. Do you even know who our mayor is hmmmm? yea i didn't think so. Me neither, until today, I was able to not only see him i was able to meet him, shake his hand and speak with him :D So i asked him this in a joking but half serious way:
Me: soooo mr Perry, thinking of giving more funds to good old GIrraween high some time? *nudge nudge*
Mayor: hah hah hah
-continues chuckling-
Mayor: "maybe sometime son"
Me: =='

BUt wat seriously what made my day was the viva la samba performers who came :D. If you don't know what samba it's this Brazilian dance. And these yound 20 year old girls came in with frilly red headpieces and frilly bikinis :D and for 30? or so minutes (I lost track of time) they were 'shaking' everything ahahah including chest pumps LOL. SO yes it was very entertaining :D But when old people dance with hot young girls im kinda like =/

Oh and also I got a free christmas lunch, of turkey with baked vegetables gravy and cranberry sauce (: YUM! and i have concluded that I really don't like christmas pudding that much, first bite tastes alright but it's realllly reallly sweet annd filling.

Last day of work experience tomorrow guys!

No comments: