Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Gday welcome home

ngawww how cute is sydney airport. Great weather, blue skies, great beef, clean air im home babyyyyyy. This feels nice, just chillin in a shirt and shorts in 25 degree australian weather hah sure feels like home, ive been away for way too long. First thing i realised: there arent any people walking on streets, in asia people are jsut everrrywhere. Now that i'm home, what do i do now, i dont even know where to begin my life hahaa guess after new years, i'll be turning over a new leaf! (inb4 gets rejected by unsw in main round offers). I still have all my HSC memorabilia just floating around my room but really can't be bothered cleaning it up and i still have frankenstein, hiroshima and various assortment of hsc books in all the nooks and crannies in my room. AND OH MY GOD HOWI HAVE MISSED THIS FREE MEDIA, freely able to traverse the wonderful word of social networking sites i.e. blogger and facebook omg.

So yesterday when i was still in china i saw a beggar but she was young like a 20 year old female, broke my heart, i gave her 10 yuan :CC Also talking to my grandparents these last 2 months have really come to make me realise how much i respect old people. Grandma was telling me about her experiences in world war 2 and the japanese invasion, how she had to hide under desks when japanese planes bombed the city (i mean can you imagine that). SHe told me how afraid she was since she was just a little primary school girl. Me being a modern history student even more so appreciates listening to the knowledge of my elders, those who actually LIVED through the war and saw the world in a different light really interests me. Also I was looking at wedding photos of my grandparents and wow wtf happened to me my grandpas eyes were massive LOL

So yeah screw boxing day sales, ive bought everything i need for uni now :) now to stock up my wardrobe, i still have yet to unpack my suitcase haha. Oh and you see the pink bag and black backpack, yeah they're full of souvenirs so plz take them LOL they were so heavy T_T

 Travel cards from hk,taiwan,china. SO EFFICIENT just one swipe of the card wherever you go and that octopus card you can even use at 7/11 and supermarkets to buy food from. Then theres sydney... we dont even haev a metro LOL. Overseas the trains come every minute you dont even need to bother worrying about a timetable or having tripview. But you can instantly tell which one is communist china's LOL. dat lack of style aesthetic.
 Gotta say the taiwanese are vibrant with their colours, cant believe i just got off from a pink train, also got off a hello kitty one. Strangely demasculating but have to say still better than shittyrail LOL.

ahah everyone's busy now days looking for jobs, volunteering out and about ready for adult uni life! I know someone who's going to switzerland for a year shes having a going away beach party in january, it's nice how everyones becoming independent and stepping out into the real world, but also kindof sad how everyone's going their separate ways, doing their own things. I'm beginning to feel like it's time to be independent, to step it up, time to get out there and experience life! Major changes to come in my new 2013 new years resolutions (8 speaking of which im going to see my 2012 resolutions and see if i fulfulled any of them LOL.

No comments: