Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Little kids

today I went on a leadership program at Girraween primary school, and it was a very nostalgic experience. Let's just say that in my whole classroom there were 2 white kids 2 asians and 26 little curry kids. So the teacher told me to tell my name to the class, I did, and then he was like "welcome daniel please children", kids simultaneously chant: "Good mmmmOOOOOOrning dddaaaannniieeelll" with a prominent higher pitch in the middle of morning. It's normally good morning, but with these kids it had to be good mooooorning, I'm making no sense am I? I was laughing at first then, I had a wave of nostalgia *hey I used to do that!*. It's still amusing to see new year 7s go Good Moooorning ms Dasnevasss every new year. (I remember doing that aswell on the first assembly of year 7, followed by sniggering of grades above). Btw we were late so all we got to do was say "hi" to our kids before they had to leave for fitness. Yup well worth the skipping of maths.

On the way back theres this gate at the back of the primary school which leads to a faster route back to our school. But it was closed, so like the good older/mature role models we were we decided to jump the fence and break their school rules on our first day. Slowly as we were walking past we realised the teachers and little kids doing fitness had silently watched us jump over the fence. I hope we don't get verbally raped tomorrow at assembly.

Day 9 — Someone you wish you could meet
No-one gosh I'm so boring, I have like no idols.

No comments: