Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dark side of Blacktown

Today I will be giving you an insider's report on Blacktown. Typically Blacktown has 4 breeds of people the bogans (the people who sit on benches outside blacktown station all day with a cigarette in one hand and a can of beer in the other and have toothless smiles) the black gangsters (singlet, bling and jeans below their asses) the druggos (the skinny people shaking and spazing in the corner) and the normal people (about 5%, no I'm joking idk).
Some proud Blacktown statistics:
-  One of the highest crime rates in sydney
- One of the lowest employment rates
- One of the highest school dropout rates
(SMH statistics)

Once my mum was in the pharmacy buying panadol and what not, when she heard yelling next door (the dollar shop) so she goes to investigate and theres this brawl against the shopkeepers and bogans trying to steal sandals (seriously) and this was really serious stuff the shopkeeper was bleeding and had a really black eye and same with the bogans. (now you may think, so what? its a pair of sandals, but actually the shopkeepers were pissed because they get things stolen DAILY so it was more of a rage fight than to protect sandals). So after the asian shopkeeper had successfully defended the sandals the bogans came back and smashed a screwdriver into the back of the shopkeepers head (:O) and he was really bleeding heavily. Eventually the ambulance and police came, but you get the point serious stuff there.

And I highly suggest you not wander about Blacktown at night alone. I was once at this party and I had to take the train back to blacktown at night, and this sus looking thin dude with a blackcoat came up to me with a brown paper bag and asked if I how many 'grams' I wanted to buy, and I was like "UHHH I left my wallet at home" *runs away*.

Well Blacktown isn't actually THAT bad, I hope I haven't given you the wrong impression of my homeland (:

2 comments:

carmela said...

oh my gosh daniel, i can't believe someone asked you how many grams of drugs you wanted ! LOL...that's freaky, at least you haven't been attacked in blacktown though :)

Daniel W said...

YEA, poor you carmela =O