Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

tests, bunsen burners and fingernails.

I'm quite proud of myself, I've managed to put in a good 2hours of history study. I just realised that I have a grand total of 10hrs of examination/test time next week.

Fingernails are cool they come in many shapes and sizes, and some experience much ridicule because of a particular shape ;). Have you seen a thumbnail that is wider than it is wide, I have! I find guys who don't get their nails to be disturbing and gross looking in a way. It's just something about guys and long nails that's just wrong. Especially on some asians, in china SO many of the people there leave their pinky nail uber long, is it a fad or something? it looks really freaky to me...fair enough if it's on a girl, but most of the time it's on a male. I would have drawn a diagram, but it's too late now... SO basically there are those really long thin thumbs, there are squarish ones, then there are ovalish ones (like mine, they're a bit longer than they are wide), there are fat thumbs where it is uber wide (yupyupyup its just the bone chris), then there are the thumbs that are realllllyyy wide, the fingernail on it is 3X wider than it is high, this is probably very rare and occurs in very few people. They kindof resemble frog fingers with the suction cap at the end (are they called fingers), I think they're called clubbed thumbs, Megan Fox has them!. Some people have no Lunula (the white crescent shaped bit at the base of your fingernails) For me my thumbs have the biggest Lunula then as i go from thumb to pinky the Lunula decreases in size until my pinky which basically have no white area. I wonder what the purpose of that colouring is?

The best thing about science, are the pracs, and the best pracs are the ones that involve FIRE, and those pracs involve a bunsen burner. Why is it so cool? because you can play with fire, my friends always fight over who gets to light the match first and light the bunsen burner. Did I mention that I LOVE the smell of petrol and natural gas? (yesyes it's bad for you, but it smells soooo nice for some reason). Now we get so absorbed in playing with fire (what bad kids) that we forge about the actual experiment. Instead we experiment with burning things in the bunsen burner, this could include sticking 3 matches into the bunsen burner flame and watching the minifireworks that occur, or burning paper, or hair, or even plastic *cough yen wei cough*. Oh and I myself tested the handwaving theory over a orange flame when I was bored. And to answer your question NO it doesn't hurt at all, if you wave your hand over the top of the flame really fast you feel nothing but a bit of heat. But once i kept it there for a few seconds longer, and after about 2 seconds you could feel a sudden pain. Sorry I'm not brave enough to get close enough to the blue flame.

No comments: